101 BIBLE VERSES THAT TEACH SALVATION IS NOT BY WORKS-BASED SYSTEM!
⬇REFERENCE BIBLE STUDY GUIDE ⬇
1. Ephesians 2:8-9 – “For BY GRACE are ye SAVED THROUGH FAITH; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the GIFT of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.”
2. Romans 4:6-7 – God imputes “Righteousness without works.” (See #9, #4, #45, #7, #12, #53)
3. Romans 10:3 – It is still a grave mistake for anyone to try to, “Establish their own righteousness.”
4. Romans 5:17 – Heaven deserving righteousness is a “GIFT,” not something you earn.
5. Romans 5:18 – Justification to God is a “FREE GIFT,” not something you work toward.
6. Philippians 3:9 – Paul, as ‘good’ as he was, still would not trust his “Own righteousness” to save him from Hell.
7. Romans 3:22 – God’s righteousness is credited to “ALL THEM THAT BELIEVE,” not all that work.
8. Romans 8:3-4 – The flesh is too “WEAK” to save itself. We need a risen living and reigning Eternal Saviour. We need Jesus Christ only for salvation by faith and trust in His own finished & completed work on the cross of Calvary for our sins. (See #86)
9. Romans 4:3 – Abraham’s faith, not works, “Was counted unto him for righteousness.”
10. Romans 4:4-5 – Works are “Not reckoned of grace, but of debt.” Faith is counted as righteousness.
11. Galatians 3:10 – To earn Heavenly Eternal and Spiritual Life, you would have to “Continueth,” perfectly, in the whole law. (See #81, #86)
12. Titus 3:5 – “NOT BY WORKS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.”
13. John 5:24 – In Christ we have “PASSED from death unto life.” We do not have to “wait” to find out.
14. Romans 9:31-32 – Israel, “Sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law.” (#33, #54)
15. Acts 4:12 – No other name but only Jesus Christ can save us — not the name of works, nor our own name.
16. John 1:12-13 – Only God’s power, through His only begotten Son, makes us a true BORN AGAIN Spirit-filled, Blood-brought, Blood-washed child of God. We are not born into God’s family by “Blood” (heritage, family ‘pedigree’), “Nor will of the flesh” (good works/religious works/flesh works/bad [EVIL] works), “Nor will of man.” (minister, or man-made religion), “But of God.” (See #12, #53, #21, #17, #22, #46, #15)
17. Isaiah 45:22 – No one else can save a soul from Hell but only God; “There is none else.”
18. Acts 13:39 – “And by him [Christ] all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye COULD NOT BE JUSTIFIED by the law of Moses.” (See #33, #54, #53, #5, #42, #64, #82, #87, #80)
19. Romans 8:7 – We cannot follow God’s law even if we wanted to. So how can we save ourselves? (#86, #8)
20. Matthew 7:21-23 – Jesus Christ Himself describes a future scene in which some who are trusting in their “Many wonderful works,” or “many roads to Heaven” will, sadly, be told by Christ Himself very SERIOUSLY: “I never knew you: depart from me, Ye that work iniquity.” Their good works and religious works [DEATH WORKS] will not save them from the Lake of Hellfire and Brimstone. We all have to BELIEVE and TRUST Jesus Christ for salvation, and Him ONLY. (#46, #12)
21. John 10:1 – We must enter through Jesus Christ for salvation, “THE DOOR,” not by “Some other way..” (See #46)
22. John 8:24 – A person can work all they want, but it would not even save them from Hell. Jesus Himself said the bottom line is that, “If ye believe not that I am he [the only way to Heaven], ye shall die in your sins.” (See #53 and #69)
23. Romans 4:2 – If Abraham could have saved himself, he would have something to brag about. (See #25, #1)
24. Acts 10:1-43 – Cornelius’ good works would put anyone today to shame, yet he still had to get saved by trusting only in Jesus Christ alone to save him. (See #6, #12, #1, #88)
25. Romans 3:27-28 – “Where is boasting then?…Of WORKS? nay.” (See #1 and #23)
26. 1 John 5:13 – If your salvation depends on a lifetime of good works, then why does the Bible teach that you could “KNOW” for sure, before you die, that you are going to Heaven? The answer is because salvation does not depend on you, but on Jesus Christ, who ALREADY paid the ultimate price for your sins. (See #87)
27. Hebrews 1:3 – “He had BY HIMSELF purged our sins.” He does not need help from us! (See #15)
28. Hebrews 2:3 – If we have to work at earning it, why does the Bible call it “So great salvation”?
29. Hebrews 2:9-10 – Christ is “The CAPTAIN of their salvation.” He tasted “Death for every man.”
30. Hebrews 2:14-15 – Christ is the one who will “DELIVER” us from death, not ourselves! (See #53)
31. Hebrews 2:17 – Christ makes “RECONCILIATION for the sins.” We still can not even reconcile ourselves.
32. Hebrews 5:9 – Christ is “The AUTHOR of eternal salvation,” not us! It is not in our hands.
33. Galatians 2:16 – “Knowing that a man IS NOT JUSTIFIED BY THE WORKS of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, ….that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and NOT by the WORKS of the law: FOR BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW SHALL NO FLESH BE JUSTIFIED.”
34. Hebrews 9:28 – “Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many.” God would not accept good works.
35. Hebrews 10:10-12 – Christ’s body was offered “Once for all.” So stop insulting and assaulting God with your works.
36. Hebrews. 10:14 – “For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them.” STOP WORKING at it!
37. Hebrews 10:17-18 – “There is no more offering for sin.” So stop offering your own good works and your own self-righteous.
38. 2 Corinthians 1:9 – “We should not trust in ourselves, but in God,” who has ALREADY paid the price completely and forever.
39. 2 Corinthians 1:10 – Christ “Delivered us from so great a death.” He had to; we still can not deliver ourselves.
40. Ephesians 1:12-13 – You are saved by BELIEVING, trusting and placing your faith in Christ only for salvation, and, “After that believed, ye were SEALED.” You are sealed by the Holy Spirit of God for all eternity.
41. Jeremiah 17:5 – “Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm.”
42. Job 25:4 – “How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?” (For God’s answer, see #86, #63, #54, #33, #82, #80, #73, #5 and Isaiah 1:18)
43. Isaiah 12:2 – “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust.” Don’t trust good/religious/flesh works, only trust the Saviour who died an horrible death on the cross of Calvary in our place, was burial for three days and was bodily and literally resurrected on the third day.
44. Luke 18:9-14 – Jesus Himself gives a parable teaching that self righteousness WILL NOT save a person.
45. Ezekiel 33:13 – “If he trust to his own righteousness…” He better be perfectly sinless or else!
46. John 14:6 – Jesus Himself said, “I am THE WAY…no man cometh unto the Father, BUT BY ME.”
47. 1 Timothy 2:5-6 – There is ONLY “One mediator between God and men,” Only Jesus Christ, not ourselves.
48. Colossians 2:14 – Christ took our sin debts, “Nailing it to his cross.” It is ALREADY paid for in total full completely and forever! (See #34-37)
49. John 19:30 – While on the cross, Christ said, “It is finished.” It is paid in FULL completely and forever. We do not have to work for it – for ETERNAL LIFE.
50. Matthew 11:28-30 – Christ offers “REST” to all those working at trying to earn their way to Heaven.
51. Isaiah 53:4-6 – Christ was, “WOUNDED FOR OUR transgressions.” Why? So WE do not have to be. It is FINISHED for all eternity.
52. Hebrews 4:9-10 – The person who believes Jesus Christ only as Lord (JEHOVAH) and Saviour (REDEEMER), “Hath CEASED from his own works.”
53. Galatians 2:21 – If you could earn Heaven, why did Christ die? “Then Christ is dead in vain.” (See #86, #8)
54. Romans 3:20 – “Therefore by the deeds of the law there SHALL NO FLESH BE JUSTIFIED in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.” (See #33, #14, #82, #80, #87, #42, #73)
55. Galatians 5:1-4 – “Christ hath made us free.” He had to; we still can not free ourselves, no matter how “good.”
56. 2 Timothy 1:10 – “Our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death,” with no help from us.
57. 1 John 4:14 – Christ was sent by the Heavenly Father, “To be the Saviour of the world”; we still could not even save ourselves from Hell.
58. 1 Timothy 4:10 – “The Saviour of ALL men.” Why try to save yourself? You already have a Saviour.
59. Acts 16:30-31 – When the Philippian jailer asked, “What must I do to be saved?” Paul didn’t say, keep the Ten Commandments, but rather, “BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, and thou shalt be SAVED.”
60. Luke 7:49-50 – Christ told the woman: “Thy faith hath saved thee,” not thy works! (See #1)
61. Ephesians 1:7 – “Redemption through HIS BLOOD, the forgiveness of sins,” not through our works.
62. 1 Peter 1:3-5 – “According to his abundant MERCY,” not according to our good deeds of the law. (See #12)
63. Revelation 1:5 – Christ, “Washed us from our sins in his own blood”; we still can’t wash ourselves with works or self-righteous.
64. Titus 3:7 – We are “Justified by his grace,” not by our good deeds of the law, water baptism, or church membership.
65. Titus 2:11 – “The grace of God that BRINGETH SALVATION hath appeared to ALL MEN.”
66. Ephesians 4:32 – We are forgiven, “For Christ’s sake,” not because of our good behavior. (See #88)
67. Ephesians 2:4-5 – “(By grace ye are saved),” not by works. The two do not mix according to Romans 11:6.
68. Acts 26:18 – “Through this man [Christ]…forgiveness of sins,” not through our own efforts or our own best!
69. Hebrews 7:25 – Only Christ is “Able to save.” Only He can “Make INTERCESSION for them.”
70. Romans 3:10 – “There is none righteous, no, not one.” So how can anyone save themselves from the Lake of Fire and Brimstone???
71. Romans 3:12 – “There is none that doeth good, no, not one.” So how can anyone save themselves?
72. Ecclesiastes 7:20 – “There is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good.” Can anyone save themselves?
73. Romans 4:25 – Christ Himself has already died for our sins. He, “Was delivered for our offences and raised again FOR OUR JUSTIFICATION.” So what role does a person play in their own salvation?
74. Romans 5:10 – “We are reconciled to God by the death of his Son,” not by the fruits of our own works.
75. John 6:28-29 – “Then said they unto him, WHAT SHALL WE DO, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, THIS IS THE WORK OF GOD, THAT YE BELIEVE ON HIM whom he hath sent.” (See #59, #22, #10, #53)
76. 1 Peter 3:18 – “Suffered for us…that HE might bring us to God.” Do we have to help Him save us? Didn’t He suffer enough to pay the price SO MUCH? Heb. 7:25 says He did. He saves to “The uttermost.”
77. Matthew 5:20 – Your self-righteousness would have to surpass that of the Pharisees — Impossible! (See #70)
78. 1 John 2:2 – Christ, “Is the propitiation [payment]…for the sins of the whole world.” If He can pay for the sins of the whole world, why would He need our help in saving us — mere individuals???
79. Romans 8:8 – “They that are in the flesh cannot please God.” So what chance does anyone have?
80. Romans 3:23-25 – Through Christ’s death we are “Justified freely” (made right with God). His own death
provides: “Redemption” (we are bought back to God), “Propitiation” (a settlement of our sin debt), “Remission [forgiveness] of sins.” It is all by God’s own “Grace”, not our own works. (See #1, #35, #36, #78)
81. James 2:10-11 – “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in ONE POINT, he is guilty of all.” We can’t possibly save ourselves; God demands sinless perfection. We need a Saviour.
82. Romans 5:8-9 – We are “Justified by his blood,” not our own good works. That’s why “When we were sinners, Christ died for us.” Therefore, “We shall be saved from wrath through him.”
83. Matthew 18:11 – Jesus came “To save that which was lost [us].” Why? Because we still CAN NOT even save ourselves. Otherwise, why send Christ to die for our sins if we could pay for them ourselves? (See #53, #8, #86, #76)
84. Acts 15:10-11 – “Through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved,” not through works. Grace is not works; works is not grace, as explained in Rom. 11:6 (see #90, #1, #53)
85. 2 Corinthians 5:21 – “Christ was made sin for us…that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” Why trust our own “righteousness” if God offers to impute us His own righteousness? (Rom. 4:22-24)
86. Matthew 19:25-26 – “When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, WHO THEN CAN BE SAVED? But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, WITH MEN THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE; but with God all things are possible.” (See #8, #41, #42, #81, #11, #45, #70, #19)
87. Romans 5:1 – “Therefore being JUSTIFIED BY FAITH, we have PEACE WITH GOD THROUGH OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.” There can be no real peace when a person spends their life wondering if they have done enough good works. Peace is knowing it is completely and forever been paid for ALREADY. (See #52, #50, #26, #53)
88. 2 Timothy 1:9 – “Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, NOT ACCORDING TO OUR WORKS, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.” God had a FULL “payment plan” ready before any of us were even alive to work! HALLELUJAH!
89. Romans 10:9-13 – “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord [Jehovah God] Jesus [i.e. Repent], and shalt believe in thine heart [i.e. Trust] that God hath raised him from the dead, THOU SHALT BE SAVED…For whosoever shall CALL upon the name of the Lord SHALL BE SAVED.” (See #15)
90. Romans 11:6 – “And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace.”
Special Key References:
91. Galatians 1:4
92. Romans 1:16
93. Galatians 3:21
94. Hebrews 9:22
95. 1 Timothy 2:6
96. Acts 10:43
97. Isaiah 43:11
98. Gal. 3:24
99. Hebrews 9:12-14
100. 1 Timothy 1:15
101. Hebrews 6:1
IF you were to die today, are you 100% SURE you would go to Heaven? The Bible says YOU CAN BE SURE (1 John 5:13). BUT FIRST, you must realize that what keeps you from going to Heaven are your sins, because:
“…your iniquities [sins] have separated between you and your God,” Isaiah 59:2
In fact, in God’s own eyes, YOU ARE A SINNER:
“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” Romans 3:23
SECONDLY, you must realize that there is NOTHING you can do to save yourself and earn Heaven:
“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
Water Baptism, by being a good person, church membership, self-righteousness, having Christian parents are all examples of good works that STILL cannot save you, because:
“Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he [Christ] saved us,” Titus 3:5.
THE ONLY WAY you can get saved is through only Jesus Christ. He said: “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” (John 14:6)
“…while we were yet sinners, Christ
died for us.” (Romans 5:8-9)
THEREFORE: You must REPENT (TURN OR CHANGE YOUR MIND/BELIEF) TOWARD GOD ABOUT SALVATION! Admit that you are a Hell deserving sinner and can not save yourself. And call upon Jesus Christ for salvation, and only Him by faith, to save you from the Lake of Fire and Brimstone.
“if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus [REPENT], and shalt believe in thine heart [TRUST] that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” Romans 10:9
John 3:14-18 King James Version (KJV)~
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
1 Corinthians 15:1-8 King James Version (KJV)~
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
Revelation 5:9 King James Version (KJV)~
9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;