In the Last Days there will rise amongst you…..
Examining the Emergent Church,…ie Christianity promoted by the likes of Rob Bell,Brian McClaren and many others
Teaching Universalism,No Hell,No Heaven,Ecumenicalism,Licensiousness,mysticism,new age,……
Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed
Emerging Church Characteristics
Following are some of the common traits I have discovered by reading through Emerging Church material. But please understand that not all Emerging Churches adhere to all the points listed.
- An awareness of and attempt to reach those in the changing postmodern culture.
- An attempt to use technology, i.e., video, slide shows, internet.
- A broader approach to worship using candles, icons, images, sounds, smells, etc.
- An inclusive approach to various, sometimes contradictory belief systems.1
- An emphasis on experience and feelings over absolutes.
- Concentration on relationship-building over the proclamation of the gospel.
- Shunning stale traditionalism in worship, church seating, music, etc.
- A de-emphasis on absolutes and doctrinal creeds
- A re-evaluation of the place of the Christian church in society.
- A re-examination of the Bible and its teachings.
- A re-evaluation of traditionally-held doctrines.
- A re-evaluation of the place of Christianity in the world
2 Timothy 3:1-7
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,………
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived